- 2 tablespoons olive oil for sautéing
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 bunch fresh asparagus, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Butter for greasing the pie dish
- Preheat oven to 325–350°F.
- Sauté chopped onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until glassy.
- Add chopped asparagus and sauté until tender. Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs together while asparagus is cooling.
- Add sautéed vegetables, panko crumbs, grated Parmesan, salt, and pepper to egg mixture and combine with whisk.
- Generously grease a glass or ceramic pie dish with butter and pour the mixture into the dish.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until firm and beginning to turn golden brown. Cool and serve.